I am making these notes as an aid-memoir for myself. It is time to clear out the dead projects. Not that some might not com eback to life, but so I will have a bit more space for - well, not so much active projects as a saner life.
- All retained materials in conventional out-of-the-way storage.
- No new storage furniture or space - I will fit it in the space I have, except for a few things that make sense elsewhere.
- No under-table storage in the new world order.
- Make material to be re-stored evident. Out from under the tables it comes!
- Clear easy wins - I am keeping some candidate storage containers surplus to needs, that sort of thing. Ditch all that.
- Tools in the garage. Since I am not actively crafting, they can go in a storage bin elsewhere.
- Clear expired stock. Eliminate all but basic supplied of paint, brushes, etc. When I can take the time to go back to miniatures, I will be able to buy new supplies.
- Compress. Get stackable bins and fill them TIGHT with the stuff that should be kept but will not be re-accessed until I go back to miniatures.
- To a good home, the projects which will be retired for good. This includes all 28mm except the one totally painted figure, all the non-Renaissance 15mm, and 10mm besides not-SYW and WWII. I will keep the 6mm FPW just in case,but clear out the unpainted 10mm FPW.
- I will ALSO downsize the library; military SF and fantasy are especially vulnerable. I will need to reorg the large bookcase (it is big enough for boxes) to be storage instead. There will be double-shelving!